Magento 2 integration with Private Packagist
If you're a Magento 2 integrator, you will know how hard it can be to keep your updates organized and constant.
Most of us would like to use composer installations instead of sending over updates back and forth.
Therefor the team at Wizkunde created a direct integration with Private Packagist. Give it a try, it's free!
About the Extension
This extension provides a direct integration between Magento 2 and Private Packagist.
Once this extension is installed, you can specify the packagist configuration at each downloadable product.
1. After placing an order
- The extension creates a vendor when the customer first purchases a downloadable product at your website
- The package is made accessible by the extension automatically when a purchase is invoiced
NOTE: Only orders created by registered customers will create Packagist credentials, guest orders will not work.
2. After refunding an order
- The extension revokes the access to the package when a Creditmemo is created inside Magento 2
The installation is pretty straight forward, just execute this in your Magento root:
- composer require wizkunde/magento2-packagist
Next, proceed with your Magento 2 Upgrade steps, which are atleast:
- bin/magento setup:upgrade
- bin/magento cache:flush
Step 1: Create API Credentials at Private Packagist
- Go to your Private Packagist Account and go to the Organization you want to make accessible.
- Go to Settings -> API Access
- Click "Create a new set of API credentials"
- Store the token and the secret temporarily, you'll need them shortly
Step 2: Configure your Magento 2 Installation
- Go to your Magento 2 admin panel
- Go to: Stores -> Configuration -> General -> Wizkunde Packagist Configuration
- Unfold the Private Packagist tab
- Enter your Token in the "API Token" field
- Enter your Secret in the "API Secret" field
- Click "Save Config"
Optionally, you can set a specific prefix, if you plan to use different websites on a single integration
Step 3: Connect a Downloadable product to Private Packagist
- Navigate to Catalog -> Products
- Open up a Downloadable product which is also available in your Private Packagist Organization
- Unfold "Packagist"
- Set the packagist extension key in "Packagist Package"
- Set the version constraint in "Version Constraint"
When a customer purchases the extension, he will get instructions to install with packagist instead!
These instructions can be found directly on the account dashboard
Want to get it now?
Check it out and install it directly from Packagist
Wizkunde Magento 2 Packagist Integration